Your 5K or sports competition will make a huge difference in the lives of unhoused people just like Mercy, who as a young girl was adopted from China. She was abused in foster homes as she bounced from house to house across the United States. to this day, she still does not know her birthday. Mercy currently lives in crowded, low-income housing. Despite her misfortunes, she makes it her personal goal to bring joy to the lives of others. She also loves to dance. Your fundraiser will encourage people like Mercy to keep pursuing their goals.
It's easy to get started
Starting a fundraiser is easy to do, and it's fun. We'll give you all the tools you need to get started.
1. Set a fundraising goal and end date.
2. Decide why and for what you are fundraising.
3. Invite your friends and family to donate to help reach your goal.
Decide your fundraising goal
Setting a fundraising goal can feel daunting, so we've broken it down for you. With the help of your network, you're sure to reach your fundraising goal in a jiffy.
•Example #1: $2,500 provides 25 people with one week of work experience + basic needs + case management + employment services + six days of debris removal in our neighborhoods and city streets.
•Example #3: $1,000 gives 16 people the confidence they need for their next job interview by preparing them with a 45-minute mock interview + new clothes (including sizing, travel and shopping time).
•Example #2: $500 provides 2 people with a home-starter kit welcoming them to their new home. The kit includes, pots and pans + bedding + towels + housing cleaning supplies + much more.
Want to raise more for a particular cause or help more people? Multiply it out. Take Example #1: Instead of helping 25 people, set a higher goal of $5,000 and fundraise for 50 people. You decide your goal and impact, then share your passion with your friends and family. This is your fundraiser. Make it what you want it to be, and we'll be cheering you on from the sidelines.
Your fundraiser will make a huge impact by allowing us to:
• Restore hope by providing basic needs + employment services + case management + work experience to unhoused people
• House families with children, elderly couples and individuals
• Open the door to opportunity by providing transportation to job interviews, interview prep resources and interview clothes
• Beautify our environment by sweeping downtown streets and collecting debris from creeks and neighborhoods
• Save our bay by picking up millions of cigarette butts before they wash down city drains into open waters
We'll Lift You Up
Our award-winning video is sure to inspire you as you kick off your fundraiser.